I’m thinking about the past year and making plans for this one.
Some highlights of 2011:
* I attended “Stop the Machine” for a week in Washington, DC and drew a 10-page comics-journalism piece about it: http://www.cartoonmovement.com/comic/20
* In November, I spoke at Earth at Risk, an all-day conference in Berkeley, with Derrick Jensen, Arundhati Roy, Thomas Linzey, Waziyatawin, Aric McBay, and Lierre Keith: http://www.earthatrisk.net/. A DVD and a book of this event will be released in the coming months.
* I spoke at various events including Left Forum and Spring College Media Convention (NYC), Occupy Miami, and the Society of Environmental Journalists conference (where I also helped organize a rally outside with dozens of local environmentalist organizations).
* The anti-capitalist/anti-imperialist collective that I work with, One Struggle, continued to grow, hold discussions, and participate in local political life. Here’s the website: http://onestrugglesouthflorida.wordpress.com/
* My editorial cartoon, “Code Green,” earned a Sigma Delta Chi Award from the Society of Professional Journalists.
This year so far I plan to speak again at Left Forum and other venues. I have a couple books in the works, including “The Knitting Circle Rapist Annihilation Squad,” a novel (genre: political comedy) co-written with Derrick Jensen, to be out in September. The current story for “Minimum Security” is all plotted out to finish this summer, after which the format will change. I’m working on a short film with the working title “Capitalism Must Die.”
Oh yeah, and the economy will collapse and we’ll be further along in the process of revolution. Lots to do!